Date of last update: 29 August 2022
- Only skill-based games are available on Our Platform. To understand more about the nature of games offered on Our Platform please refer to the Games of skill section.
- Only people of sound mind who are above 18 years of age may use this Platform.
- This Platform may not be used by residents of Assam, Odisha, Nagaland, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Further, there may be certain games that may be restricted in some additional states. To understand more about who may use this platform please refer to Our Eligibility section
- You may register on the Platform and add cash to Your account by following the registration procedure laid down in the section on Nature and use of the Platform.
- Please note that Your User Details will be accessible to other users on the Platform.
- The rules governing Your participation in the Contests available on Our Platform are available at Our section on Participation. Further, each Game may be subject to its own Game Rules and Code of Conduct. To understand Games better please refer to Our section on Games.
- Please note that We have the sole discretion to determine the terms applicable on any Contest including the Awards to be given in any Contest. Further, the Designated Amount paid for any contest is non-refundable and may only be refunded under the circumstances stated in Our Return, Refund and Cancellation policy.
- Winnings may be withdrawn by You from Your account, subject to the completion of KYC verification and account validation and will be subject to TDS deductions.
- We further request that You follow the precautions laid down in Our Safety section while playing Games on Our Platform.
- While using the various communication channels provided on Our Platform You must abide by rules stated in Our Community rules and code of conduct section.
- You may not use the Platform in ways stated in Our Restrictions section. You will indemnify Us in the event We suffer any losses on account of Your use of Our Platform or Your failure to abide by this Agreement.
- Circumstances under which Your access to the Platform or this Agreement may be terminated are stated in the Termination section.
- Your use of this Platform is completely at Your own risk. We disclaim all warranties in relation to the Platform. To understand more please refer to Our Disclaimer section.
- Any dispute between You and Us will be resolved by way of Arbitration which will be conducted in Bangalore by a sole arbitrator appointed by Us. For further details refer to Our Governing law and dispute resolution section.
- For information about Our Referral program, please click here.
- If You have any complaints or grievances over any of the Services offered on the Platform, please contact our Grievance Officer.
- To know about our Anti-Money Laundering Policy, please click here
- We are an Indian company incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013. We operate a mobile gaming portal in India, which offers skill and learning based digital games for fantasy sports and rummy (developed by Us or Our Third-Party Game Developers), and other promotional and interactive features (collectively “Services”) through Our Web Portal, partner websites, mobile applications and other portals (collectively, the “Platform”).
- Capitalised terms used herein but not defined shall have the meanings ascribed to them under section Definitions and Interpretation of this Agreement.
- This Agreement shall apply to all Persons who visit the Platform, or create a player Account including any contributors of content over the Platform, and/or any third party interacting with Us, directly or indirectly in official capacity or having/intending to have business or commercial relationships with MPL, whatsoever (the “Users”, “You” or “Your”) as applicable. By registering on, browsing, downloading, using or accessing any part of the Platform or utilising the Services, the Users agree to be bound by this Agreement.
- If at any time the User does not accept or agree to any terms of this Agreement, on a continuing basis in relation to any of the Services offered on the Platform, they should not access the Platform.
- Any Users’ continued usage of the Platform after any such update, change, replacement or modification in the Agreement constitutes their valid consent to such changes.
- “Applicable Law” means all laws, statutes, common law, regulations, ordinances, codes, rules, guidelines, orders, permits, tariffs and approvals, including those relating to health and safety, of any governmental authority or self-regulatory guideline that may apply to the Users or is related to the subject matter of this Agreement as applicable in the territory of India.
- “Contest” is a skill based competition offered by MPL on the Platform in which Users compete either in a tournament or 1v1 battle by playing the Games on the Platform. Contests can be either ‘paid’ or ‘free to play’. Paid Contests require the Users to pay a Designated Amount for participation, whereas free to play Contests are open to all Users without requirement of any monetary payment.
- “Balance” is the credit in the form of cash available in an Account and includes amount added by a User through Deposits or/and earned through Winnings by participating in Contests on the Platform.
- “Deposit” is the amount added by the User to his/her Account through his/her preferred payment mode (e-wallet, debit/credit cards, UPI/BHIM, net banking). The Deposit conversion ratio is INR. 1/- (Rupees One Only) = INR 1 (one).
- “Designated Amount” refers to the amount which Users pay either in the form of cash Balance available in their Account to participate in a Contest on the Platform as their respective contribution to the Prize Money Pool.
- “Games” refers to the digital games of skill including fantasy games available on the Platform developed by MPL or Third-Party Game Developers.
- Person” shall mean any natural person, limited or unlimited liability company, corporation, partnership (whether limited or unlimited), proprietorship, Hindu undivided family, trust, union, association, government or any agency or political subdivision thereof or any other entity that may be treated as a person under the Applicable Law.
- “Prize Money Pool” is the actual or projected amount that is to be distributed amongst the winner(s) of the Contest and is declared at the start of the Contest.
- “Sponsored Content” means content distinct from other regular editorial content provided by MPL, and displayed on the Platform in the form of audio, video, text and/or image media which supports a third party’s brand message, promotional offers, discounts and/or views that are readily identifiable to belong to a third-party upfront through distinct and distinguishable font, colour, display schemes and/or usage of disclaiming words (such as “Ad”, “Powered by”, “Sponsored by”, “With”, “Advertorial” and such other phrase of similar meaning).
- “Sponsored Content Partner” means a User engaged with Us for the display of Sponsored Content on the Platform.
- “Third Party Game Developer” refers to any Person (natural or juristic) whose Games is available on the Platform.
- “Winnings” are awards (either in the form of cash or promotional gifts) given to one or more User(s) as per pre-declared format as a distribution of the Prize Money Pool for winning and/or ranking as a top-performer in a particular Contest on the Platform.
- Any reference to the singular includes a reference to the plural and vice versa, and any reference to one gender includes a reference to other gender(s), unless explicitly provided for.
- Headings and captions are used for convenience only and not for interpretation of the Agreement.
- Any reference to a natural Person shall, include his/her heirs, executors and permitted assigns and any reference to a juristic Person shall, include its affiliates, successors and permitted assignees, unless repugnant to the context.
- Any browsing, registering, downloading, using or accessing by any Person of any part of the Platform or utilisation of any of the services offered by MPL will be deemed to constitute a legal contract between the User and MPL.
- A User may use the Platform if (a) it is a natural Person, as per any Applicable Law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines applicable in the country of which User is a citizen, in which User is a resident or from where User uses the Platform; or (b) it is a juristic Person, as per any Applicable Law, regulation or generally accepted industry practices and guidelines applicable in the country where User is registered, where User maintains its principal office or from where User uses the Platform.
- Any User who is “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. is not eligible to enter into this Agreement with MPL.
- The Platform should not be used, installed, or played by any Person under the age of 18 years.
- No Person, whether an MPL employee or not, who is involved in the development of Games or/and algorithms on the Platform can participate in any Games on the Platform, where such participation could alter, modify or unduly influence his/her performance on the Games, without express written permission of MPL and subject to such terms and conditions as MPL may seek to impose on such Person.
- The Games and the services available on the Platform are open only to Persons currently residing in India. Persons residing in the states of Assam, Odisha, Nagaland, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana (“Restricted States”) are prohibited from participating in any Games on the Platform. Further, there may be certain games that may be restricted in some additional states. Please check the Special Rules/Terms of each Game to know more.
- Nature and use of the Platform
- MPL provides the Platform to You on which You can play Games either offered by MPL or independent Third Party Game Developers. The Platform is designed to provide You an in-app browsing experience through an embedded browser. These Games run online over the Platform and do not have to be separately downloaded or installed.
- Registration: You may register by approving and agreeing to this Agreement and providing Your registered mobile phone number on the Platform. You will be verified by MPL using a one-time password (“OTP”) system. Upon successfully verifying the OTP, an account will be created for You (“Account”).
- By registering for an Account, You represent, warrant and agree that:
- You fulfil the eligibility criteria as detailed in section titled Eligibility;
- You are using Your actual identity and the mobile phone number you have provided is registered in Your own name;
- You will provide only true, accurate, current, and complete information about Yourself, including optional information such as Your profile photograph, cover photograph, user-id, biograph, audio status etc., on the Platform (“User Details”);
- You will maintain and promptly update the User Details and other information that You provide on the Platform to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete.
- The Users acknowledge that certain User Details will be accessible to other Users on the Platform and shall be available for MPL to create promotional and interactive content over the Platform.
- Your Account is for Your personal use only. You shall not impersonate someone else. By creating an Account after providing a mobile phone number and verifying it using an OTP, You represent, warrant, and agree that You are authorised to use the Platform and will abide by the Agreement.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any device You use to access the Platform. Accordingly, You are solely responsible for all activities that occur with Your device. If You become aware of any unauthorised use of Your device, You are required to notify the relevant authorities as soon as possible.
- By visiting the Platform and creating an account on the Platform, You grant MPL and its group companies your irrevocable and informed consent to use your profile name, profile picture, and Winnings in a Contest and/ or Winnings in total on the Platform (“Your Profile Information“) for advertisements, promotions, offers, and any other sponsored content that MPL and its group companies may display on the Platform or any other marketing channels, including its digital channels, television, print and publication, without requiring any further consent from You and without being required to pay any compensation to You.
- You further grant to MPL an exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free and worldwide licence to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate and create derivative works from Your Profile Information.
- You understand, represent and accept that Your Profile Information or any related materials will not violate the rights of any third party rights or give rise to any claim that another party’s rights have been or will be violated as a result of MPL’s use or publication of Your Profile Information. You understand and agree that You will be liable to MPL for any damage or cost (including reasonable attorney fees) it may suffer arising out of its use of Your Profile Information. You also understand that you will not be entitled to receive any royalties for the use of your Profile Information by or through MPL.
- You understand and grant to MPL, its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and those acting with its authority, with respect to Your Profile Information all copyrights and derivative rights in Your Profile Information and a non-exclusive, perpetual right to use, publish, re-publish or reproduce Your Profile Information by any means MPL sees fit for the purposes stated above.
- By using the Platform, you irrevocably waive any claim against MPL relating to the use of Your Profile Information and promise not to bring any such claim or action in the future. You also waive any right to inspect, modify, approve or disapprove the content, layout, representation, presentation or other aspect of Your Profile Information as recorded by MPL during your use of the Platform.
- In order to participate in certain Contests, the Users may be required to pay a Designated Amount in the form of cash. Users may add cash to their Account by using any of the payment modes available on the Platform.
- The Deposits may be used to participate in Contests in the manner provided under section titled (Participation in Contests).
- Each User is solely responsible for all activities that occur under their Account, including the use of any of the Services on the Platform.
- MPL grants such Users a non-transferrable, limited, non-exclusive and revocable privilege to register an Account on and use the Platform
- If MPL identifies that the same User Details are being used under multiple accounts, then MPL at its sole discretion will terminate/deactivate the Account without the Users’ consent and any Deposit in the Account will not be refunded.
- MPL, at its sole and absolute discretion and without any notice to the Users, reserves the right to restrict, suspend or terminate any Account or access to the Platform temporarily or permanently to any User.
- MPL may, at its sole and absolute discretion restrict, change, suspend, or terminate any User’s access to all or any part of the Platform, including but not limited to:
- reject, move, or remove any material that may be submitted by the User;
- move or remove any content that is available on the Platform;
- deactivate or delete an Account and all related information and files on their Account;
- establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Platform and the services; and
- assign its rights and liabilities with respect to all Accounts hereunder, to any entity.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Users acknowledge and agree that they shall have no ownership or other interest in their Account, and further acknowledge and agree that all rights in and to their Account are and shall forever be owned by and inure to the benefit of MPL.
- The Users also accepts to receive news, updates, offers/campaign related SMS, to the mobile phone number provided by the User, except when prohibited under Applicable Laws.
- Platform Fee Information
- MPL charges a Platform Fee from the User(s), for making available its e-platform where various games of skill & other content are available and providing the service to the Users to participate in those games of skill or consume the content as offered.
- The Platform Fee for all the products/games is a fixed rake % of the Designated Amount and is between 0% and 33% and under extreme exceptional cases may go beyond this range.
- MPL, in accordance with the Terms & Conditions of the Bonus Program, may give a Discount in the Platform Fee and thus the Designated Amount shall be accordingly recovered from the User’s Cash Balances.
- This can be easily deduced from the Designated Amount and the total prize offered.
- MPL Platform Fee is subject to change as per MPL policy without prior notice.
- Platform Fee Examples
- Fantasy Contests
- For each user who joins a cash contest, MPL Platform Fee is calculated as (1- Total Cash prize offered/(open slots x Designated Amount)) * Designated Amount
- If a contest allows a user to register multiple teams, then each team registered by the user is counted as a slot filled in the contest.
- For example, in a 5 player contest with Designated Amount of रु100, and the total cash prizes on offer is रु450.
- The MPL Platform Fee collected out of each user for each team he/she is registering with रु 100 will be equal to (1 – रु450/(रु100 x 5)) * रु100 = रु10
- The same calculation applies to contests hosted by Users, Pooled contests or Non-Guaranteed contests.
- Pooled contests = contests where the Total winnings on offer increases with the number of slots filled in the tournament. However, the Platform Fee on each team registration remains constant for any number of slots filled.
- Non-Guaranteed contests = contests which get cancelled and all Designated Amounts paid shall be refunded if the minimum number of users required did not join the tournament
- Points rummy
MPL Platform Fee for each table is equal to sum of Rake % * Points Given * point value of the table by each of the players barring the winner.
Rake % varies across points in rummy tables. It can be found when tapped on the info button at the top right of each table.
For example, in a 0.1 point value lobby with a rake % of 12%, in a round if 5 players were playing and one player won. Say each of the 4 players who lost gave 25 points each.
Then the total Platform Fee = 12% * 25*4 * 0.1 = RS.1.2
- Pool Rummy
For example, in a pool rummy game of RS. 100 entry and 5 people have played it. Let’s say the Rake % for this table is 12%. Then in the current example, MPL Platform Fee will be calculated as 12%* 100*5 = Rs.60
The Rake % varies from table to table and from time to time. You can check the value by taking on the info icon at the top right of each table.
- Participation in contest
- The Users may use the Platform to participate in a variety of Contests available on the Platform.
- In order to participate in a Contest, each User may be required to pay a Designated Amount to the Platform which is deducted from the Balance available in the Account of the User. The payment of the Designated Amount that Users make to participate in the Contest(s) is inclusive of the Platform fee for access to the MPL Services charged by Us and User’s contribution towards Prize Money Pool.
- Each Contest has a predetermined limit on the number of Users that can participate and a specified time before which entries must be made. A Contest is deemed to be a valid Contest on the Platform, only if the requisite number of Users register for the Contest before the prescribed entry time.
- Any amount received by MPL as Designated Amount for participation in a Contest shall be non-refundable, except in the event that a Contest has been cancelled.
- Contests shall be announced by the MPL from time to time in any manner that is convenient to the Company, and MPL reserves the right to extend the participation and time limit for registration, cancel any Contest, and modify any terms, all with due notice to the Users of the Platform.
- Awards for all Contests shall be pre-declared at the time of registration in the specific rules applicable to such Contest. Awards may be in the form of MPL Tokens, cash or promotional gifts.
- Users are eligible to withdraw only trade Winnings or cash Winnings from his/her Account to his/her respective bank/wallet account once it is validated and KYC (Know Your Customer) verified.
- Please ensure Your bank account / UPI ID are active, failing which, We will be unable to process the withdrawal; and
- In case of withdrawal through a bank account or UPI, please ensure that the name on Your KYC document matches / is the same as the name of the account holder submitted for withdrawing Winnings. In the event the name on the KYC document does not match with the account holder’s name, the same shall be considered invalid. In such an event, You may retry adding your bank account details / UPI ID to ensure the name matches with the name on your KYC document.
- KYC verification is mandatory as a proof of identity for making withdrawals from Your Account to Your bank/wallet account. KYC verification may be done through the Platform by providing certain details: (i) photograph of a valid government ID (Aadhaar Card, PAN Card etc.); and (ii) other User Details.
- If you opt to provide your Aadhar card / Number for completion of KYC, you hereby: (i) Understand and agree that your Aadhar has been submitted only for completion of Your KYC verification; and (ii) You authorise Us to temporarily access Your Aadhar card and You understand that We will not be storing Your Aadhar number unless as prescribed by law.
- MPL does not issue receipts for entries in the Contests. The entries are accounted for within the Account on the Platform. It is the responsibility of the Users to ensure that the entries are accurate and the Winnings are duly credited to his Account.
- Any tax/levies/duty etc., as applicable on material prizes, shall be paid by the winner of the game. Based on TDS (tax deducted at source) Rules for any sort of game winning in India, 31.2% TDS should be deducted on any winning above Rs.10,000/- in a single game.
- Return, Refund and Cancellation
- In the event there is an error in the Services provided by us, we may refund the Designated Amount paid, provided the reasons are genuine and proved after investigation by MPL.
- Please read the rules of each Games and Contest before participating.
- We do not cancel registrations once entered, however, in case of exceptional circumstances wherein the fault may lie with the payment gateway or from Our side, We will cancel your participation on request and refund the Designated Amount to You within a reasonable amount of time.
- In case we cancel your participation in any Games or Contest as a result of this, We will return Your Designated Amount to You within a reasonable amount of time for You to redeem the same by playing other Contests on MPL.
- We will try Our best to create the best user experience for You. If paid by credit card, refunds will be issued to the original credit card provided at the time of purchase and in case of payments made through a payment gateway, payment refunds will be made to the same account.
- Users must use any money in their Account within 365 days. MPL shall have the right to directly forfeit any such unused amount after 365 (three hundred and sixty five) days. MPL does not permit any cash withdrawal against any idle balance lying in any user’s MPL account except in accordance with applicable law
- Bonus Program
- As part of its Business Promotion strategy, MPL may run a Bonus Coin Promotion which is a Discount Program whereby the User is allowed to accumulate discount eligibility points (referred to as ‘Bonus Coin’) in a separate wallet referred to as ‘Bonus Wallet’.
- Such Bonus Coins are granted as per various business promotion strategies that may be run by MPL from time to time.
- The Bonus Coins are subject to control by MPL and the Company is free to put such restrictions on its availability, utilisation, inherent discount benefits, time validity, etc. as it may decide from time to time.
- MPL may allow upfront Cash Discount from the Platform Fee in lieu of the accumulated Bonus Coins in accordance with the conversion ratio as the Company may be decided from time to time for each Contest.
- All Bonus Coins credited in the User account shall be valid for a period of 30 days from the date of credit. If the Bonus Coins are not utilised by the User over a period of 30 days or if the User is inactive on MPL for a period of 30 days, unutilised Bonus Coins shall be automatically expired by MPL.
- In the event of termination or blocking of a User’s account, any Bonus Coins granted to the user until such time shall expire immediately and the User shall not have any right or claim in respect of the Bonus Coins.
- MPL Cards
- MPL Cards is a feature in which the user needs to collect cards by doing certain tasks such as depositing money and playing games and then form sets and redeem them for real cash.
- If a user collects all 9 cards and redeems them, he/she wins Rs 500 and enters the lucky draw contest where 3 random users are selected and a prize money of 9 lakhs is given out in total, split across the users at MPL’s discretion.
- Post the winner announcements, MPL will try to contact the winners for 3 working days. If any of the winner(s) is not contactable, they shall be replaced with a new winner(s) for that rank.
- If the announced winner gets blocked before contacting, a new winner will be announced.
- Winners would have to submit their own PAN and bank account details mandatorily. Submitting details of someone else’s bank account will result in cancellation of the prize money.
- Once the winners have given their details, it can take a maximum of 15 days to get the money credited into their account.
- MPL reserves the right to modify the amount given out to winners anytime, without giving prior notice.
- MPL will credit the money directly into the bank account of the winners and not the MPL wallet.
- The Platform is operated and designed to provide You an in-app browsing experience through an embedded browser. The Platform is per se a platform which offers Services and hosts Games by Third Party Game Developers. The Platform does not host, display or transmit any content owned by third parties on its servers, unless We either have a licence or are not prohibited under the Applicable Laws, to do the same.
- The Games will have their own rules and code of conduct (“Game Rules”) which shall be adhered to by all Users at all times.
- When You play a Game, You agree and acknowledge that the Platform does not create and/or broadcast any content on its own accord and MPL is not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of the Games, including copyrights, that may be accessed by You through the Platform.
- Games of skill
- The Games hosted by MPL on the Platform are all Games of Skill (defined below). Different Games will reward different skills, but each game will reward certain skills, such as knowledge of the game, familiarity with rules, experience, reflexes, experience, practice, hand-eye coordination etc. Certain games may have predetermined outcomes, which are achievable by the Users using their skills to play the games.
- Users must note that all Games available on the Platform are games where the success or/and performance of the Users depends predominantly upon their superior knowledge, training, attention, experience and adroitness (“Games of Skill”) in playing the game. ‘Games of Skill’, under Indian law, are excluded from the ambit of gambling legislations including, the Public Gambling Act of 1867 and other state enactments except in the Restricted States.
- Hence, the individuals residing in the Restricted States should not participate in any Contest or Games offered on the Platform. Any participation by such individuals shall be at their sole risk and discretion and MPL shall not be liable to refund or reimburse any injury or damages suffered by such individuals.
- MPL reserves the right to monitor all activities from the User’s Account on the Platform. If any User participates in any Contest or Games in violation of any central and/or state law(s) in India, MPL reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement agencies of the relevant state and report such participation or/and suspicious activity along with all relevant details of the concerned User. The users based out of Restricted States that are not permitted under applicable Laws to participate in specific or all games hosted on the Platform and shall not be permitted to connect to the Game and/or Platform by breaching security measures put in by the Company, including without limitation through a virtual private network.
- MPL does not support, endorse or offer to any User ‘games of chance’ for money. Each Games and Contest available on the Platform has clearly defined rules and code of conduct. All Users are encouraged to read, understand and follow these rules to be successful in these games. MPL shall not be liable if Users do not adhere to the Game Rules or otherwise engage in gambling or betting activities on the Platform.
- MPL Fantasy is a Game of Skill:
- In providing the MPL Fantasy game on the Platform, MPL takes great care to comply with all central and state legislations in India to ensure that the Users are fully protected. MPL Fantasy is carefully designed to comply with all applicable statutes and regulations in India.
- MPL Fantasy offered on the Platform is a ‘game of skill’. According to the principles laid down in the judgement of the Punjab and Haryana High Court in Varun Gumber v. Union Territory of Chandigarh and of the Bombay High Court in Gurdeep Singh Sachar v. Union of India and Others, games such as MPL Fantasy are games of ‘mere skill’ as the result is not dependent on winning or losing of any particular team in the real world, but depends on the performance of each player selected by a user which involves considerable skill, judgement and discretion and further, the success therein depended on one’s superior knowledge of the relevant sport, prudent judgement and attention.
- By virtue of its classification as a Game of Skill, fantasy sports do not violate the Public Gambling Act, 1867, and is excluded from the ambit of certain Indian gambling legislations. However, Users should note that owing to legislative restrictions in the Restricted States, and hence residents of such Restricted States are prohibited from participating in MPL Fantasy.
- MPL Rummy is a Game of Skill:
- In providing the MPL Rummy on the Platform, MPL takes great care to comply with all central and state legislations in India to ensure that the Users are fully protected. MPL Rummy is carefully designed to comply with all applicable statutes and regulations in India.
- MPL Rummy offered on the Platform is a Game of Skill. According to a 1967 Supreme Court judgement in State of Andhra Pradesh v. K. Satyanarayana, In the game of Rummy is a game of mere skill and playing Rummy does not amount to gambling.
- Over the past few decades, various High Courts have quoted the Supreme court’s decision and stated that law enforcement authorities cannot interfere with the game of Rummy played with stakes. In 1996, a three-judge bench of the Supreme Court affirmed its 1967 judgement and ruled that games involving substantial and preponderant degree of skill fall within the definition of ‘games of mere skill’.
- By virtue of its classification as a Game of Skill, the game of Rummy does not violate the Public Gambling Act, 1867, and is excluded from the ambit of most state gaming legislations. However, Users should note that owing to legislative/court restrictions in the Restricted States, hence residents of such Restricted States are prohibited from participating in MPL Rummy.
- Restrictions on Your use of the Platform
- You will not use the Platform, or any content provided thereof for any purpose that is illegal, unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement or under Applicable Law.
- You will not use the Platform, or any content provided thereof:
- to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that belongs to another Person and to which the User does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging;
- that is relating to or encourages money laundering or gambling, or is otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever;
- that harms minors in any way;
- that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights; violates any Applicable Law for the time being in force;
- that deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- which impersonates another Person; contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the Platform or any other computer resource;
- that threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation; threatens public health or safety; promotion of cigarettes or any other tobacco products or consumption of intoxicant including alcohol and Electronic Nicotine Delivery System (ENDS) and like products that enable nicotine delivery except for the purpose & in the manner and to the extent, as may be approved under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules made thereunder; threatens critical information infrastructure.
- You will not redistribute, sublicense, rent, publish, sell, assign, lease, market, transfer, or otherwise make the Platform or any component or content thereof, available to third parties without the permission of MPL.
- You will not circumvent or disable any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of the Platform; remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) on any portion of the Platform; and not use the Platform in a manner that threatens the integrity, performance, or availability of the Platform.
- You will not attempt to or engage in any activity that may:
- reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise extract the source code related to the Platform or any part thereof, unless it is expressly permitted by MPL to You in writing or is required by the Applicable Law;
- use any robot, spider, retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Platform or content thereof;
- collect information about Users for any illegal or unlawful purpose;
- create any Account by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences for using the Platform;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature through the Platform;
- use the Platform in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair, or undertake any action which is harmful or potentially harmful to, any of the servers, networks, computer systems or resources connected to any of the servers connected, directly or indirectly to the Platform, or interfere with any other Users’ use and enjoyment of the Platform;
- carry out any denial of service (DoS, DDoS) or any other harmful attacks on the Platform or; disrupt or place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, or interfere with or attempt to make, or attempt any unauthorised access to the Platform or any part of the Platform or any User of the Platform;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Platform; and/or
- obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available, in the opinion of MPL, through the Platform.
- You will not impersonate another Person or impersonate, guide or host on behalf of, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with any Person or entity, including, but not limited to Our officials, employees, agents, partners, affiliates, dealers and franchisees.
- If We detect any activity from Your User Account that is fraudulent, suspected to be defrauding the Platform, or if You are found colluding or participating in any kind of fraudulent activity on the Platform in any manner, then You shall be debarred from participating in any Contest available on the Platform.
- We reserve the right to deactivate or delete Your Account and all related information on it and forfeit related Balances and/or take any other appropriate action, at our sole and absolute discretion, in the event of any fraudulent, illegal or suspicious activities from Your Account on the Platform.
- Any deductions or forfeiture of Balances made from Your Account shall be made at Our sole and absolute discretion and shall not result in any liability on MPL whatsoever. We may choose to provide a right of appeal to the User after deleting, closing or forfeiting the balances in his/her Account. However, such right shall be provided at the sole and absolute discretion of MPL and the User shall not claim such right or any other recourse from MPL.
- Indemnification: You shall defend, indemnify and hold MPL, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents harmless from and against any claims, actions, demands, liabilities, judgments, and settlements, including without limitation, reasonable legal fee that may result from or alleged to result from (a) Your use of the Platform or any content thereof, including Games; or (b) Your breach of any rules, regulations and/or orders under any applicable law.
- You are also responsible for any breach of Your obligations under the Agreement and/or for the consequences of any such breach.
- Your access to the Platform may be terminated if:
- You voluntarily uninstall the Platform from Your device;
- You do not pay the requisite fee, if any, should MPL charge for use of the App.
- We may have to terminate Your access to the Platform if:
- We are required to do so by law (for example, where the access to and/or provision of the Platform to You becomes, unlawful);
- The third-party Person, if any, with whom We offered the Platform to You has terminated its relationship with Us or ceased to offer the related services to Us or to You;
- The provision of Platform to You, is no longer commercially viable or feasible for Us; or
- You are a repeat infringer of this Agreement.
- We may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without notice and may disable Your access to the Platform and/or bar You from any future use of the Platform.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by terminating Your access to the Platform. However, certain obligations of Yours under this Agreement shall continue to prevail even on such termination.
- When this Agreement comes to an end, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that You and MPL have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time whilst the Agreement has been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this cessation, and shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- No warranties: The Contents provided through the Platform may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. MPL may make changes or improvements to the Platform at any time. The Contents or any information available on the Platform is provided “as is” and “as available” and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to Applicable Laws, including but not limited to:
- any implied warranty or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose;
- that the contents of the Platform will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that defects, if any on the Platform will be corrected;
- the Platform being constantly available or available at all;
- installation or uninstallation choices in relation to the Platform being successfully executed in all cases;
- Your personal ability to use the Platform;
- Your satisfaction with the use of the Platform;
- the accuracy of the data provided by the Platform;
- the security and privacy of Your data;
- that all bugs or errors in relation to the Platform will be correcte;
- that the Platform will be compatible with all devices and all networks;
- that the Platform is fit for a particular purpose or use;
- that the Platform and the contents thereof are accessible in every location; or
- that the Platform and the contents would be perpetually secure and not prone to breaches of security anywhere in the world.
- MPL, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates and agents and any other service provider(s) responsible for providing access to the Platform in connection with this Agreement will not be liable for any acts or omissions, including of a third party Person, and including those vendors participating in MPL’ offerings made to You, or for any unauthorised interception of data or breaches of this Agreement attributable in part to the acts or omissions of third parties Persons, or for damages that result from the operation systems, equipment, facilities or services provided by third parties Persons that are interconnected with MPL.
- The Platform may include links to other mobile applications and/or websites (some of which may be automated search results) which may contain materials that are objectionable, unlawful, or inaccurate. We do not endorse or support these links or the products and services they provide; these links are provided for Your convenience only. We are not responsible or liable for the content or accuracy of such links.
- You agree that You are responsible for all data charges You incur through use of the Platform.
- Sponsored Content:
- You agree and acknowledge that MPL may, pursuant to its engagement with certain Sponsored Content Partners, place certain Sponsored Content on, about, or in conjunction with the other content within the Platform. The manner, mode and extent of display of such Sponsored Content is subject to change without a specific notice to You. We don’t promise to but will try Our best to give You a prior notice in this regard.
- The content displayed on the Platform is for Your non-commercial and personal use. However, Sponsored Content Partners may use the Platform to display their respective Sponsored Content for commercial purposes. You are not allowed to copy, reproduce, alter, modify, create derivative works of, or publicly display any content displayed on the Platform.
- Limitation of liability: Your use of the Platform, or any content, including Games, available thereof is entirely at Your own option and risk and We shall be held harmless and not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive, monetary or any other damages, fees, fines, penalties or liabilities whatsoever arising out of or relating to Your use of the Platform or any content thereof, including Games. To the maximum extent permitted by Applicable Law, Our total liability to You for any damages (regardless of the foundation for the action) shall not exceed in the aggregate the Balance in your Account.
- You may terminate Your access to the Platform if You are not satisfied with the Platform or any Games.
- Force Majeure: MPL shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of Force Majeure Event or other similar circumstances, directly or indirectly to the Users as a result of playing Games or using the services offered by MPL on the Platform. A Force Majeure Event is a real or potential labour disputes, governmental actions, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil unrest, demonstrations, fire, storm, flooding, explosion, earthquake, provisions or limitations of materials or resources, inability to obtain the relevant authorization, accident, and defect in electricity or telecommunication network that affects the Company’s ability to offer the services or/and the Games on the Platform. Force majeure or other event beyond MPL’s control hindering, delaying or complicating the maintenance of the Platform entitles MPL to suspend or limit the Platform until further notice.
- Governing law and dispute resolution
- The Platform may be controlled and operated through any country and will be subject to the laws of that state in which they are controlled and operated by the User. If You use the Platform from any location, then, You are responsible for compliance with the local laws applicable to You.
- All or any disputes arising out of or touching upon or in relation to this Agreement including the interpretation and validity of the terms thereof and the respective rights and obligations of the parties shall be settled through arbitration. The arbitration shall be governed by the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 (India) or any statutory amendments/modifications thereto for the time being in force.
- The arbitration proceedings shall be held at Bangalore, Karnataka by a sole arbitrator who shall be appointed by MPL and whose decision shall be final and binding upon all the parties.
- Subject to the arbitration clause, the courts at Bangalore, Karnataka alone shall have the jurisdiction. The language of the arbitration proceedings shall be in English.
- You and MPL agree that any cause of action arising out of Your use of the Platform must be commenced within 3 (three) months after the cause of action accrues or You become aware of the facts giving rise to the cause of action, whichever is later. Otherwise, such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
- Account Deletion:
- You can delete Your Account at any time by following the process provided on the Platform (‘Account Deletion’).
- Once You opt for Account Deletion on the Platform, We will process this request as per the timeline communicated to you at the time of submission of the Account Deletion request. In all cases , we will confirm our acceptance of the Account Deletion request within 12 hours of making the request, and Your Account will be deleted within 15 days of acceptance.
- Please note that Account Deletion is irreversible. Once deleted, Your Account cannot be retrieved even if you want to come back onto the Platform or have deleted the Account by accident, including if Your Account has been hacked / You have lost control of Your Account.
- Please note that any Winnings that are not withdrawn from Your Account will lapse after Your Account Deletion – please ensure that any Winnings in your Wallet are withdrawn from Your Account prior to opting for Account Deletion;
- The record of Account(s) that You follow, as well as the Account(s) that follow you will be permanently deleted;
- Subscriptions or additional services, if any, will lapse immediately;
- All Bonus Coins accumulated in Your Account will lapse;
- Any Deposits left in Your Account at the time of deletion will be credited to the original payment method within 15 (fifteen) working days from the date of deletion of Your Account. The Deposits will be credited via the same payment instrument(s) as the ones used for depositing cash in Your Deposit Wallet. It is clarified that if the payment instrument associated with Your Account (such as the UPI ID or bank account used) has expired, then such Deposits will be forfeited to Us. We recommend that You update the payment method prior to submitting a deletion request;Subject to (d) above, any Winnings (including bonus cash, tickets, cashback) left in Your Account at the time of deletion will lapse after deletion of Your Account;
- Once Your Account is successfully deleted, You will not be able to make a new account on the Platform using the same login details;
- Details of transactions carried out in Your Account, including KYC verification details and withdrawal beneficiary details, may be retained under Applicable Law, including for the purposes listed in the section titled – ‘Compliance, Disclosure, and Notices’; and
- Your gameplay history may be retained as per Applicable Law, including for the purposes listed in the section titled – ‘Compliance, Disclosure, and Notices’.
- Grievance Officer: In accordance with the Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made thereunder, We have a Grievance Officer to address Your concerns regarding data safety, privacy, and the Platform usage concerns including complaints You have against other users on the Platform. We will resolve these issues raised by You within 15 (thirty) days from receiving them. You may contact the Grievance Officer using the details below:
- Name: Sivaraj K.
- Address: Sakti Statesman, 6th floor, Green Glen Layout, Bellandur – 560103
- Office Hours: 11 am – 7 pm
- Email: email@example.com
- Compliance Officer: We have a Compliance Officer to ensure compliance that the games offered on our platform comply with applicable gaming laws. You may contact the Compliance Officer at the following coordinates:
- Name: Sivaraj K.
- Address: Sakti Statesman, 6th floor, Green Glen Layout, Bellandur – 560103
- Office Hours: 11 am – 7 pm
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Referral program
- MPL may offer referral programs (“Referral Program”) on the Platform to allow all its Users to receive certain rewards in the form of MPL Tokens or cash (“Rewards”) for each player that they refer to play on the Platform.
- All active Users of the Platform are eligible to participate in the Referral Program except in cases where an Account has been suspended or has otherwise been disallowed by MPL from participation in the Referral Program.
- Only ‘successful referrals’ will be counted and eligible to receive the Rewards. A successful referral is an event in which a new User will register on the Platform and complete the sign-up by clicking on the referral link of the referrer or by putting the referrer’s unique referral code.
- Criteria to use the Rewards – The User will be able to use only a certain percentage of the cumulative Rewards (as permitted by MPL from time to time) reflecting in his/her Account to join any of the upcoming tournaments on the Platform.
- Additional terms applicable to all Referral Programs:
- The nature and value of Rewards to be credited will be based on the Referral Program offered by MPL at any given point in time to an individual User.
- Referral links will be generated from each User’s Account on the Platform.
- Rewards and their types are subject to change at MPL’s discretion without notice.
- Users found to have been committing fraud will be blocked from the MPL platform.
- The reward amount/type is based on the applicable reward on the day a user’s referral signs up on the platform.
- A user can refer up to 1000 friends.
- MPL reserves the right to change rules and regulations without notice.
- Please contact Customer Support in case of further queries.The nature and value of Rewards to be credited will be based on the Referral Program offered by MPL at any given point in time to an individual User.
- Disqualification from Referral Programs:
- Users will not receive credit for referring themselves by creating multiple Accounts.
- MPL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or disqualify an Account from the Referral Program or nullify the referral Rewards.
- Taxes – The Users are responsible for paying any and all taxes or commissions related to the Rewards earned by them through the Referral Programs on the Platform. MPL reserves the right to withhold taxes as appropriate and as required under Applicable Laws.
- Rules for MPL Fantasy:
- MPL provides fantasy sports to the Users on the Platform (“MPL Fantasy”). MPL Fantasy is a brand owned and operated by MPL. It is an online based fantasy sport which allows its Users to pick their team made up of real players participating in a real sporting competition. Users play MPL Fantasy by using their knowledge and skill of the underlying actual sport.
- MPL Fantasy is an online fantasy sports contest in which Users are invited to pay money to play the game, thereby allowing Users access to build and act as owners of online teams (consisting of real players or teams) that compete against online teams of other Users with results tabulated on the basis of statistics generated by the real individual sportspersons in certain designated professional sporting matches.
- Users can participate in a Contest with other Users without any restriction on participation, unless specified otherwise in the Rules or the Agreement. Users can participate by choosing any of the upcoming Contests which will be linked to any of the current or upcoming real-world events.
- All Users while selecting a fantasy team (“Fantasy Team“) for any match are provided with the same budget. Any change in the budget shall be applied uniformly for all players. All Users must pick from the same list of players and are bound by the same rules while picking the composition of their respective teams. This means that all Users have the same maximum/minimum limits on the number of batsmen, bowlers, wicket-keeper and all-rounders, and limits are placed equally on the number of players that can be picked from a particular real-life team.
- Users can make changes to their Fantasy Teams until the deadline of the registration for the Contest. Users can make a Fantasy Team, based on credits they select. Users can select a maximum of 7 players from one playing side team. Users can create up to a maximum of 6 unique teams for a single Contest.
- Fantasy Teams are awarded points on the basis of the real-life sport’s players performances at the end of a designated match, match tournament of the Contests. The participants whose Fantasy Teams have achieved the highest aggregate scores in the Contests shall be declared winners. In certain pre-specified Contests, there may be more than one Winner and distribution of prizes to such Winners will be in increasing order of their team’s aggregate score at the end of the designated match of the Contests.
- Users will not be offered the opportunity or option to auto-complete or auto-fill their teams and/or responses within the Contest.
- The ranks and credits of players keep fluctuating during a contest as the players perform in the real-life match. The Fantasy Team keeps earning points for Users’ chosen players performances.The points status appearing next to Users’ total points indicate if the match is in progress or completed.
- MPL shall ensure that all Contests offered to the Users participating in MPL Super Team are competitive and incorporate principles of fair-play. MPL is committed to ensuring the utmost levels of fairness and competitiveness in its MPL Fantasy.
- Rules for Fantasy Pro under MPL Fantasy:
- Each User has the opportunity to get additional rewards over and above the Winnings in a particular Contest on the Platform (“Additional Winnings”) while participating in MPL Fantasy, by allowing players to create strong teams in a Contest and share them with other players participating in the same Contest. MPL Fantasy Pro, one of the integral parts of the MPL Fantasy ecosystem, is aimed at making the game more competitive by increasing opportunities for players to exercise their strategic prowess.
- ‘Fantasy Pro’ on MPL allows each User participating in a Contest to play with a Fantasy Team created by another player based on their knowledge and skill in MPL Fantasy (‘Additional Winnings’)’. This is as illustrated below:
- Registration: Player A and Player B register for an India versus New Zealand football match (‘Contest’) by paying the MPL Platform fee. After successful registration, Player A creates their Fantasy Team to participate with in the Contest;
- ‘Buy’*: In order to gain additional winnings, Player A (‘Proposer’*) decides to provide his/her Fantasy Team (‘TradedTeam / Trade’*) to be shared with any other participant in the Contest on receipt of some minimum Additional Winnings.
- ‘Bid’*: Players registered in the Contest who strategize to participate in the Contest with Player A’s team (as Player A frequently features in leaderboards) offer Additional Winnings for Player A’s team. The highest Additional Winnings is offered by Player B, who is declared the new winner of Player A’s team. A Contender can edit or remove their offer of Additional Winnings prior to its acceptance by the Proposer. Player B’s prize offering becomes invalid when Player C offers to Player A a higher Additional Winnings amount than Player B.
- ‘Sell’*: Player B (‘Contender’*) successfully copies Player A’s team after completing the payment of the offered Additional Winnings, after which the Traded Team is re-registered to Player B’s account.
- Participation in the Contest: Player B can participate in the Contest with the team copied from Player A. Player A on being declared winner of the Additional Winnings, will exit the Contest with such Additional Winnings only.
* the terms are used for marketing purposes and to aid ease of understanding for the players. For legal purposes, Fantasy ProT does not result in transfer of digital assets or any monetary transaction between the players. Fantasy Pro is an additional in-game feature to enhance the competitive environment and allow players to demonstrate their strategic prowess.
- Sharing window: Players can Propose or Copy Traded Team(s) only between the start and conclusion of the Contest. Sharing will be closed when the Contest moves to the ‘Results’ tab.
- Platform Fee: For each Fantasy Pro transaction, MPL will charge a Platform Fee against the service provided by MPL of removing the Traded Team from the Proposer’s account post verification of relevant details, and re-registering it in the Contender’s account.
- Where a Contest allows a player to register with multiple teams, a player can Propose each of the registered teams created by them. For example, if a Contest allows each player to register with upto 3 teams, Player A can create and propose each of the 3 teams by inviting Additional Winning offers.
- Any tax/levies/duty etc. as applicable on material prizes including Additional Winnings, shall be paid by the Proposer of the TradedTeam. Based on TDS (tax deducted at source) Rules for any sort of game winning in India, 31.2% TDS should be deducted on any Additional Winning above Rs.10,000/- for a single Traded Team.
- Rules for MPL Rummy:
- MPL Rummy is a standard 13-card game of rummy offered to its users. The standard rules of the game apply to MPL Rummy
- Users can participate in a Multiplayer Contest or Tournament with other Users without any restriction on participation, unless specified otherwise in the Rules or the Agreement.
- Collusion is strictly forbidden on MPL Rummy. In case we detect that You and other users are playing games and tournaments forming a team it will result in cancellation of accounts of You and all such players who participated in forming a team. By accepting this Term, you accept that You will not participate in forming a team, or by communicating with other players. In case You are found to be involved in such activities, We also reserve the right to freeze funds in Your MPL account and investigate further to ascertain the extent of undue benefit derived by You and such others and to cancel and close Your account without any communication with You.
- Apart from the Restricted States of Assam, Odisha, Nagaland, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, MPL Rummy is currently available to persons residing in other states. We reserve the right to update the Restricted States for MPL Rummy as required by Applicable Law or court ruling.
- DISCLAIMER: Unless otherwise explicitly specified, MPL is not affiliated in any way to and claims no association, in any capacity whatsoever, with any sports governing bodies and leagues, including, but not limited to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) or the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Anti-Money Laundering Policy
This Anti-Money Laundering Policy (“AML Policy”) is testimony to the Company’s commitments against money laundering, financing of terrorism, and related illegal activities. It describes the Company’s policies and procedures instituted in an attempt to ensure that the Services offered by the Company are not being used by the Users to facilitate commission of any criminal offences or violating any Applicable Laws, including but not limited the Prevention of Money Laundering Act 2002 and the Unlawful Activities Prevention Act 1967. Although under the said laws, the Company does not qualify as an entity obligated to follow the procedures prescribed herein, the Company has prepared this AML Policy to ensure transparency in the activities conducted from the Account and to prevent money laundering and other illegal activities over the Platform in consonance with the spirit of law.
1.1 . “Beneficial Owner” means: In case of companies, the natural person who has ownership of over 25% (twenty five per cent) of the shares; is entitled to over 25% (twenty five percent) of the profits; or has the power, directly or indirectly, to appoint or elect more than half of the board of directors of such company, as the case maybe. In case of partnership firms/limited liability partnerships, the natural person who has ownership of over 15% (fifteen per cent) of the capital; or is entitled to over 15% (fifteen per cent) of the profits of such firm, as the case maybe;
1.2 . “Identification Document(s)” refers to: (i) Permanent Account Number (PAN) card; (ii) Passport; (iii) Driving Licence; (iv) Government issued identity cards; or (v) such other document as may be notified by the Company from time to time;
“Regulated Entity” shall mean banks, financial institutions or intermediaries who are mandated by law to maintain records under the provisions of the Prevention of Money-laundering (Maintenance of Records of the Nature and Value of Transactions, the Procedure and Manner of Maintaining and Time for Furnishing Information and Verification and Maintenance of Records of the Identity of the Clients of the Banking Companies, Financial Institutions and Intermediaries) Rules, 2005 (“Verification Rules”).
1.3 .“Suspicious Transactions” refers to the following activities, whether attempted or executed:
(i) Terrorist financing: transactions which to a Person acting in good faith appear to have been done in order to collect funds, in full or in part, by any terrorist or related organization, or in order to carry out any of the activities relating to terrorism, or terrorist acts;
(ii) Unusually Complex: transactions which to a Person acting in good faith appear to have been structured in a manner of unusual or unjustified complexity;
(iii) Mala-fide Purpose: transactions which to a Person acting in good faith appear to have not been transacted for bona-fide purpose or do not have a sound economic rationale.
(iv) Money Laundering: transactions which to a Person acting in good faith appear to involve proceeds of any offence listed in the Schedule to the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002.
3. Policy Changes – The Company may change and update this AML Policy from time to time. Such changes may be made without prior notice, but any changes will only apply to activities and information going forward, and not on a retroactive basis. You are encouraged to review this AML Policy whenever you access the Platform.
4. Your Obligations
4.1 . You acknowledge that it is Your duty to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions described in this AML Policy and accord Your consent to not using the Services and the Platform in any manner which results in committing/attempting to commit any criminal offences.
4.2 . You must ensure that any personal information and/or Identification Documents submitted by You belong to You.
4.3 . You must update any information provided by You basis your Identification Documents within 30 (thirty) days of any change or modification thereof.
4.4 . In case You are acting on behalf of a juridical person, You must identify the Beneficial Owner and also assist in verification of the identity of such Beneficial Owner and any individual who purports to act on behalf of such juridical person.
5. Purpose of this Policy – In order to mitigate its risks relating to money laundering and other illegal activities, the Company intends to put in place this policy which has the following elements:
(i) Customer Acceptance and Verification Terms;
(ii) Risk Management Procedure; and
(iii) Transaction Monitoring Terms
6. Customer Acceptance and Verification Terms
6.2 . Money may be deposited or withdrawn from the concerned MPL Account by a User only by means of an account maintained with a Regulated Entity. It is clarified that only those Users whose accounts with the Regulated Entity have been verified by the Regulated Entities in accordance with the Verifications Rules may deposit or withdraw money from their MPL Account.
6.4 . Notwithstanding the foregoing, MPL reserves the right to seek further information from the Users, including Identification Documents.
6.5 . The Company may, in its sole discretion, refuse to open any new Account, terminate existing Account after giving due notice, or refuse to process any transactions on the Platforms if it is unable to ensure Your compliance with this AML Policy, either due to non-cooperation by the User or due to the details provided by the User being found unreliable or unverifiable to the Company’s satisfaction.
7. Risk Management Procedure
7.1 . The Company may categorise its Users including You into low, medium or high-risk categories, after undertaking an appropriate risk assessment of each User based on the following factors (including without limitation):
(i)Sufficiency and adequacy of identification information submitted by the User;
(ii) User’s social and/or financial status;
(iii) Nature of User’s business/vocational activities; or
(iv) Guidance notes circulated by various governmental and intergovernmental organisations.
7.2 . You acknowledge that in order to maintain the integrity of the risk management procedure, the Company will keep Your risk categorization and any data related thereto confidential. You will not be entitled to seek disclosure of Your risk categorization. However, the Company may disclose the User’s risk categorization data to the competent enforcement authority if it finds that a particular User has executed or is likely to execute any Suspicious Transaction.
8 . Transaction Monitoring Terms
8.1 . All transactions executed and/or attempted to be executed from the Account are regularly monitored by the Company, both manually and through use of software-based algorithms, in order to promptly identify and highlight certain kinds of transaction including without limitation, the following kinds of transactions:
(i) High value transactions of such amounts as may be specified by MPL from time to time or as may be required under Applicable Law;
(ii) Low value but repetitive transaction of such amounts as may be specified by MPL from time to time or as may be required under Applicable Law; and
(iii) Suspicious Transactions.
8.2 . The Company may, from time to time, undertake necessary investigation in order to identify and examine transactions inconsistent with any User’s risk profile (determined in accordance with Clause 7 (Risk Management Procedure) above), sophistication, and expected usage pattern.
8.3 . The extent of monitoring shall depend on various factors including upon each User’s risk profile.
8.4 . The Company may, from time to time, undertake necessary investigation in order to identify and examine transactions inconsistent with any User’s risk profile (determined in accordance with Clause 7 (Risk Management Procedure) above), sophistication, and expected usage pattern.
9. Maintenance of Records – The Company will maintain and preserve the following:
(i) Records of all transactions executed on the Platform, for a period of at least 3 (three) years from the date of each transaction.
(ii) Records of all transactions identified under Clause 8 (Transaction Monitoring Terms) above for a period of at least 3 (three) years, including but not limited to the information about the nature, value and parties to such transactions, and their date of remittance.
(iii) Identification records of Users during the subsistence of and for a period of at least 3 (three) years from the date of termination of such Account.
(iv) Records of any communication or interaction between with MPL (and its employees, agents, staff or affiliates) with any third party in official capacity or having/intending to have business or commercial relationships with MPL directly or indirectly , in any form whether oral or written, for all purposes as deemed fit by MPL.
10 . Compliance, Disclosure, and Notices
10.1 . The Company may share, from time to time, information regarding transactions identified under the section titled Transaction Monitoring Terms, identification information of such Users, or any other information mandated under the Applicable Law, with the appropriate enforcement authorities.
10.2 . In order to improve the integrity and transparency of transactions on the Platform, You are encouraged to report any information You are privy to or become privy to in the future regarding any Suspicious Transactions or transactions You have find or have reason to believe are dubious in nature, to our Grievance Officer by writing to them at email@example.com
10.3 . In order to ensure compliance with this AML Policy and/or the Applicable Law, the Company may be required to send You notices from time to time. All such notices will be sent to such address as provided by You under Clause 6 (Customer Acceptance and Verification Terms) of this AML Policy. Where You are required to share any information according to the procedures contained in this AML Policy, such communication may be made by You electronically by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10.4 . You may also contact us at the following address: Sakti Statesman, 6th Floor, green Glen Layout, Bellandur, Bangalore- 560103